Aamir Khan: Never felt a competition with Shah Rukh and Salman


Thugs of Hindostan actor Aamir Khan recently remarked that he is not competitive. The actor also added that he never felt a competition with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan.

shah rukh khan aamir khan

Aamir Khan is all set to enthrall the audience as Firangi in YRF’s Thugs of Hindostan. Also starring Amitabh BachchanKatrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Sheikh, the film will release on November 8.
Ahead of the release, the Dangal actor invited journalists to his home for an interaction. Dressed in a magenta coloured kurta, the actor looked radiant and young. Apart from his upcoming project, Aamir also talked about the Rakesh Sharma biopic, Saare Jahan Se Achha. As confirmed by producer Ronnie Screwvala, Shah Rukh Khan has stepped in after Aamir opted out.
When asked why he did not take up the biopic, Aamir smiled to say, “I don’t talk about projects that I don’t do. It’s a long story but I had few commitments owing to which I couldn’t do it.”

While the actor did not want to further comment on the film, when prodded if he had suggested Shah Rukh’s name for it, he said, “It is a great script. And I loved it. The story of Mr. Sharma is really fascinating. It is true that I called up Shah. I told him he should hear the script, as it is fantastic. I knew if he liked it, it will be the right film for him. And I am glad he liked the script and he is doing it.” Aamir also added that he had discussed his reasons for not taking up the project with SRK.

The conversation soon steered towards the growing trend of actors suggesting each other for projects. At the trailer launch of Zero, SRK had confessed that Salman had called him up to hear the script of Zero. As a journalist asked if competition is slowly changing into making better films, Aamir said, “I am certainly not competitive. And I have not felt that with Shah Rukh and Salman ever.”

At the trailer launch, SRK had even spoken about how he always feels like a loser. He had also shared that Aamir once asked him why he feels so, and while conversing with him, Shah Rukh realised that Aamir too feels the same way. When indianexpress.com shared the same with the 3 Idiots actor, he laughed out heartily and said, “And you all believed him?”

He then added, “I don’t think he meant it that way. So, I honestly don’t see myself a star. But he (SRK) is indeed one. Everything about him is so good. So handsome, charming, well-dressed. I was forced by my team to dress well today (showing off his kurta), or else I was in my tee and track pants.”

Going down memory lane, he shared, “I remember I visited his home and he showed his wardrobe to me. I was amazed. My entire house is the size of his wardrobe. It was so well-organised. That day I realised, yeh hota hai star ka ghar (this is how a star lives).”

TAGS:Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan Thugs Of Hindostan

Source: https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/aamir-khan-never-felt-competition-srk-salman-5434911/

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »