Sonakshi Sinha on Dabangg series: Can play Rajjo in my sleep too, she is in my blood

Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha, who made her debut in Dabangg in 2010, essays the role of Rajjo in Salman Khan-starrer series. The actress says that the character is very close to her.

Sonakshi Sinha in Dabangg
Sonakshi Sinha in Dabangg
Bollywood actor Sonakshi Sinha is reprising her role as Rajjo in the third Dabangg film and she says the character is very close to her heart as she made her acting debut with the film.
"Rajjo is in my blood, I can play Rajjo in my sleep too. We have just started shooting, I joined the team for the title song,'' Sonakshi said to PTI.
"When a film works, the character also works. The 'thappad se darr nahin lagta...' dialogue worked a lot for me. Till today, people ask me to say it. It is great for a heroine to have a dialogue that has become iconic," she added in her statement.
The actress, who will be seen in the upcoming film Dabangg 3, also said working on it is like homecoming for her and she hopes the cop drama franchise keeps booming.
She started work on the third film led by Salman Khan last week.
"It is great to be back to Dabangg series. I hope it continues to be made. It is first of its kind that came in 2010. It started a new trend in films. It is a cult film. It can be continued for a long time," Sonakshi told PTI.
There were reports that Dabangg 3 would be a prequel to the two films, but the actress said that the new film has both the elements of past and present.
"It is prequel and present (sic). There is a backstory to my character as well,'' said Sonakshi, who plays Rajjo in Dabangg series.
"Also, a lot of team members are the same, right from the camera crew to costume department to assistant directors, etc. Prabhudheva sir has joined us as a director and I am happy he is working on this film,'' she said.
A post shared by Sonakshi Sinha (@aslisona) on 
Sonakshi is currently promoting her upcoming film, Kalank, which is slated to be released on April 17. She also has films such as Mission Mangal, Bhuj: The Pride of India and an untitled project with T-Series in the pipeline.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »